Skip to main content

Get Coaching Clients: Marketing for Clients-- The Basics


Part Two: GET COACHING CLIENTS

THE BASICS -- How to start marketing for your clients

The bottom line is you need clients to make money.

For some this is akin to stabbing themselves in the eye. For others, it's not big trick. They market, network and basically act like a Town Crier for themselves. They are their own best media.

I totally get the first one; the second is a mystery to me.

However, for the last several years I've been a pretty successful marketing coach and consultant. No, I'm not a zillionaire, but I've bought several homes, had top-level cars, yada, yada, yada.

It's not the material stuff that makes me swoon, though. It's the rewarding connections with customers who use my advice and guides to help them. It's the great testimonials and happy people I work with.

That's what jazzes me.

But, I do like to eat, so I have to continue to market and "sell" myself.

And I can tell you I've learned a thing or 90 about marketing and what works.

First of all, you MUST build a list. You simply must. If you rely on a website, you'll perish (most likely).

A list is my lifeblood for selling my services and products.

How I work that list has been a little bit of a learning curve, but after years and years of working it, I've found what works and consistently brings in sales.

Three things:

1. Build a responsive list with a good offer -- freebie PLR crap will not work any more. You must give something of juicy interest.

For example, if you are a weight coach, giving a guide like 7-Day Anti-Bloat Diet that contains a week of eating and will guarantee a loss of one dress size or 5 pounds is far more enticing than, Get a Free Weight Loss Guide. Wondering how to craft your freebies more interestingly?


2. Avoid paid ads until you have a great offer to give -- or several. If you decide to advertise with Google ads, test your giveaways to see which pulls and use them consistently. Use these ads to build your list with sign ups and subscribers. This can build your list quickly if you use enticing giveaways.

When I started, I ran ads like "Triple your leads, sales and recruits" and they worked great. Once I built traffic and a good spot on Google, I don't advertise there any more. I paid Google upfront, but now I work other marketing methods for a marketing site I've had since 2003.

I do use Google for others, but this one works because:
- I built a good site, give good freebies and market to my subscriber consistently. Need help working to build a strong list and subscriber base?

3. That brings me to my last point: Don't even think of building your own website if you have no design skills! I cannot tell you how many coaches I've worked with who have the most awful sites. They scream amateur and clueless--not someone I want to help me get my life in order.

These badly done sites and blogs will KILL your business if you're looking for online clients. Just as in life, looks matter. If you can't build a good site, don't even try.

I did visit one site lately who had great information, but the most horrible site. The subscriber box didn't work and many pages had broken links. If this guy could get a better site together, he'd likely seriously increase his lead base. The info was pretty good; the site was laughable. Don't be like him.




Resources:

Aweber -- I've used it for years and it works. I do notice some glitches now and then, but I've build a solid list with this service.

Buzz Savvy Marketing -- a naked plug for a marketing service that can help develop a nice site and do some media and marketing on even the tightest budget.

Coaches 6-Figure Boot Camp -- if you're thinking of becoming a Coach and cannot spend thousands to get started, this is a good basic program to get you started in this lucrative field.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find a JV Partner: How to Choose Coaching JV Opportunities

Coaches who are interested in building their email lists are open to joint venture opportunities. These type of opportunities are helpful for expanding your network, getting your products and services more exposure and even building your own email list. However, finding the right joint venture partners can be tricky. It's not a great idea to partner with internet marketers who are hawking everything from Facebook ads to acne medication. You need to find the right fit. This can take a long time of searching, contacting people, waiting for response and then putting together a good fitting offer to then offer to each others' lists. However, if you work within a network that you trust, this can be a huge asset to your business, and to those who are also involved. To consider a JV partner, here are a few tips to explore first before joining up: 1. Research this person online. Do they offer professional services, have a good presence? 2. What is their list size? How often to

Get Coaching Clients: Step One to Positive Profits

OK, so you're a coach. No, make that "COACH." Capital letters. Lots of positivity. You've studied. You're credentialed. Heck, you can do this! This is your dream career. Now what? If you stroll the internet you'll find no shortage of coaches. You'll find great site, horrific sites and everything in-between. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before you create the site and system that will draw people to you, you have to do one thing: Decide what you really want. "I know what I want. I want clients," you say rolling your eyes. "I already know what kind of coach I am. (Choose one or insert your own title) I'm a life coach. I'm a business coach. I'm a love coach." Seriously? Life coach? What exactly does that mean? It means I help people get their life on track. I help them get unstuck. I help them decide who they really are and what they want. OK, cool. But you already know telling someone you're a